Monday, October 31, 2005

FB Burn your Underwear! Wait, We Need Those...

Ahh the 70's. Not only is it the decade I was born into, it was also the decade of booming economies (that came crashing down when the oil crisis started) and enviromentalism. I distinctly remember seeing an old newspaper article with a picture of a woman throwing her brassiere into a trash can. I remember that there was this air of change around everything even as we ran to our gates just in time for curfew.
Women were demanding equality with men. They wanted to break through the glass ceiling at work, pay for their own meals during dates and have the husband take care of the kids just as often as they do. I wonder what those women would say to the current generation of women. This article (requires a login ID and password) could shed some light on that.
To be honest, Schatz and I have never dated when I was still courting her. I wonder what would have happened if I had told her that all our dates were going Dutch.

No comments: