Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fat in a can/bottle...


Go to any school and you know what you'll find? A cafeteria that serves terrible food and a vending machine filled with chips and soda (softdrinks in some countries). Now just imagine all those thirsty kids who just came from gym class and looking for a drink. Where do they go? If a soda vending machine is nearby you'll see them line up. These lawyers from Massachusetts filed a lawsuit against the top soda makers and their local bottler so that "sugary beverages" are banned from school. When I was in school I never used those vending machines as I already had food with me and at the same time I'm cheap. Why spend extra money on soda when there's a water fountain? Hey, sometimes I even bring my own water bottle or fruit juice from home. Why bother? Sure parents have varying schedules but to encourage their kids to buy soda by just handing them money for lunch borders on irresponsibility. Can't you at least give them a water bottle so that they have an option? Fill it up with calamansi or mango juice! Don't give up on your kid's health by just giving in to easy solutions.

No comments: