Thursday, December 29, 2005

TROOH 5 - Yes Virginia, less expensive houses do exist!


If you haven't read our previous posts, TROOH really means "The Roof Over Our Heads". I started this because I'm worried that when the time comes, Malou and I won't be able to move into our own house because of high prices. If you want to to check out my previous posts, just check the archives.

I am in the unfortunate (if you look at it that way) position of currently living and working in the East Coast. If we choose to live here after the wedding, we will have to look for houses somewhere outside the city limits. That usually means the 'burbs. Anyway, to find a house that would fit our budget, we would probably have to travel almost two hours to and from the city where we work. In this article (check out this site for a free login) though, if you look at the housing market outside New York, Washington, Miami and along the coast of California, you would find decently priced homes. This has made me rethink where we could possibly start our family. I do hope that when the time comes for us to purchase a home, we won't be turning down house after house just because our pockets are not that deep.

No comments: