Thursday, June 08, 2006

Now why didn't I think of that

After the wedding I decided to move to another company. I was thinking about it for a couple of months before the wedding. What finally got me to say yes to the move was that no matter what excuse I gave for them not to get me, they still relented. They never said no to any of my "demands" so I said, this may be the right time to start fresh.

I never thought of taking time out between jobs. I am the type that wants to make sure another job is in place before I submit my resignation letter. I don't want any vacant time in my resume. That's just another reason for a company not to take me seriously. But the thing is, some companies are okay with this. In this article, Gen Y workers are apparently more likely to leave their jobs than Gen X'ers. With the current generation, they don't mind taking it easy as there is a job waiting for them after their break. Maybe during my next move I could take a couple months off. I wonder if Malou is fine with that.

No comments: