Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Say goodbye to childhood

I'm proud to say that my father was an OCW (or is it OFW nowadays?) when I was growing up. That meant I had more responsibilities at home than a regular teen. It wasn't too bad and I remember enjoying my summers. When I finished high school though, I worked during the summer break while waiting for the start of the first trimester of college. I wondered then how many teens were doing what I was doing during that time. Hey, I'm sure I wasn't the only one but I bet there weren't that many of us. Apparently, this is catching up in this generation. This article describes what teens nowadays have to do to get into college. I wonder what teens will be doing a couple of generations from now. Will they be interns in companies by grade 7?

No comments: